Saturday, October 27, 2007

Buying my Mac

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I was serious about the Mac this time when I came to the US. As per my itinerary, I would be in Kansas City
on the  26 October when Leopard would be launched by Apple :) For the first time, I would be traveling when something is being launched by Apple. 
On the 26, I came back from work and was trying to check Apple's website to see if the store on the Plaza would be open. Just then my friend called me and said that they were coming through the main road and saw a huge line in front of the Apple store. I 
wasted no time, just ran to the store and found a huge line. It 
was 6:15 PM and I was there, about 1/2 KM from the store wondering if I would be able to make it to buy a copy today. The store was distributing coke and water to people who were standing...
 
At around 7:15, entered the store to first be invited by a cool black T-Shirt freebie. Then the store attendent asked me what I was looking for? I told her and was guided to another counter for only computers. I told that person what I wanted and lo! my Mac 
his arrived in front of me :) 
I am really enjoying this great PC. 







Am really amazed with the usability it has and I do not think I would enjoy working with a Microsoft OS anymore. I do agree that I would take some time to get acquainted with this system, but wow! what an amazing computer this is... 

No comments: