Monday, July 30, 2007

BCB 4 - Event Summary

Amidst all enthusiasm and cheer, BarCamp Bangalore 4 – The Collectives edition concluded at IIM Bangalore campus on the 28th and 29th July 2007. I have been fortunate to be part of the organizing team which included Arun, Amit, Akash, Amit, Jace, Kesav, Pradeep, Arpit, Ashish, Jayanth (sorry if I missed anyone on the list) was really an amazing experience. I remember the days when we were getting together for planning the camp, and today, the event is successfully complete. I will write what all went into making this camp in another post soon which would be titled “Making of BarCamp”.

Day 1 started with close to 450 Registrations. People started coming to the venue as early as 8 AM. By 9:45 we had the auditorium filled with enthusiastic crowd eagerly looking forward for the inauguration. We had people from Chennai, Delhi, Pune, Hyderabad and also a student group from New York University coming. It was really a great experience to see the diversity of the participants.

Day started with introductions, brief about the history of BarCamp and explaining about the Collectives Edition.

Prof. Kumar of NSRCEL (NS Raghavan Center for Entrepreneurship Learning) started his discussion “How to effectively write a Business Plan”. This session won loads of participation and went beyond the scheduled 30 minutes to about more than one and half hours.

The remaining day saw Bolger’s Collective, Cycling, and Photography were among other collectives which attracted many new comers.

Day 2 started in the auditorium again with introductions from various speakers. All speakers got about 30 seconds time to introduce themselves to all the participants and the topic they were going to speak about.

Second day had serious participants with Ruby on Rails, BOJUG, e-Governance, Startup’s and Photographer’s collectives taking the lead.

Being part of the organizing team (for which I am fortunate and lucky), I could not attend any sessions on day 1. On Day 2, I could attend Startup’s collective and a little bit of e-Governance collective.

Day 2 (29 July 2007) is very memorable for me personally – I launched Dazasya, an NGO for Society, Technology and Entrepreneurship. I will write more about Dazasya on my other blog.

Take a peek at my pictures which I shot during the camp.

2 comments:

full_metal said...

Hey Hari,

This "making of BCB4" sounds fun. I would love to read it.

Tell me if you need some help with it.

Regards,
Amit

Unknown said...

Good thoughts.
And yeah its 'Aashish!' :P

Kudos to your new NGO Hari!